The chordata system can be built completely from scratch on your own lab. The current version of the hardware is:
- K-Ceptor R2.2
- Hub R1.2
There's still no comprehensive guide or tutorial on how to build a chordata suit. Some previous experience on SMD soldering is advised. If you are planning to go for it consider documenting the process on the forum. That way others can get an idea of what the process is like, and if you have any questions or doubts we'll be there to help.
Getting the components
- The official BOM for the current version is here (Updated 2019/05/22).
- HalloweenBob created this version of the BOM which eases the process of buying components, especially if you are in North America.
- You can also get HalloweenBob's version of the GERBER files to be sent to the PCB manufacturer here
If you joined the beta-testing program you will receive a DIY kit including:
- 15x K-ceptor PCBs + soldered SMD components
- 1x Hub PCB + + soldered SMD components
- 15x 6cores RJ-12 crimped cables
From the experience with previous beta-testers we are created the following guide:
it contains soldering instructions + an informal FAQ section collected from the questions on the forum.
TODO: complete guide
If you were expecting to find some vital information, please let us know in the forum and we'll add that content as soon as possible.
Someday here you will find a complete guide on how to go through the building process, starting with something like...
The main purpose of this guide is to give you an idea on how to build a Chordata motion capture system completely from scratch. We searched to cover as many details as possible, allowing those of you who are still beginners to the DIY electronic world to go through all the steps.
We are covering from the very specific to this system (like hoy to solder a K-Ceptor, the main Chordata sensing unit), to the very generic electronic procedures (like how to buy electronic components from an online retail store). If you are an experienced hacker, and you feel like you already know the things explained on a chapter, feel free to skip it.